"The little ice cream shop, in a small town, with a great big heart"
JJ Scoops sits tight and cozy at the first spot on Main Street. The building was built in 1885, just 20 years after Clinton’s founding. According to Clinton’s Historic District, the building survived The Great Fire of 1891 as well! On October 31st, 1891, a massive fire swarmed all of Main Street for several days. This was also a time without a fire department, but our little storefront still stands strong today.
Fun fact: before JJ’s served ice cream, our storefront actually sold millinery, or women’s hats!
Established in 1994, J.J. Scoops is owned and operated by local couple, Lori and Jim. We are family operated, like many of the shops on historic Main Street. Our little storefront is a staple of the community, and welcomes all kinds of people and pets alike!